Sofia Med has incorporated the principles of Corporate Social Responsibility in its business operations, thus recognizing that its long-term growth and prosperity of society at large can only be achieved through Sustainable Development. Concern for employee Health and Safety, respect and protection of the environment, comprehensive coverage of customer needs and harmonious coexistence with the local communities in which it operates are the main issues of Corporate Social Responsibility of Sofia Med.
Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development Policy of Sofia Med is in accordance with the Company values of responsibility, integrity, transparency, effectiveness and innovation, and is determined by the Management, which is committed to the following:
- Implementation of the CSR Policy at all levels and in all Company operating entities.
- Strict compliance to the legislation in force and full implementation of standards, policies, internal guidelines and procedures applied by the Company as well as other commitments, arising from voluntary agreements, countersigned and accepted by Sofia Med.
- Two-way and on-going communication with all stakeholders in order to identify and record their needs and expectations. Development of mutual trust relations with the stakeholders makes a significant contribution to meeting the Sustainable Development objectives.
- Providing safe and healthy working environment for our people, collaborators and any third party involved.
- Protection of human rights and provision of a work environment of equal opportunities, free from any discrimination.
- Open communication, based on transparency, with all Company stakeholders.
- Continuing efforts to reduce the environmental footprint, though implementing responsible actions and preventive measures in accordance with Best Available Techniques, in order to reduce and minimize the impact of the Company operations on the environment.
- Continual pursuit of creating added value for the stakeholders.
In order to realize the aforementioned commitments - even beyond formal compliance with the legislation in force - the Company voluntarily and responsibly has been planning and implementing the relative programs, while, at the same time, setting strategic priorities, which focus on the following areas of the Corporate Social Responsibility of Sofia Med:
1. Economic Growth and Corporate Governance
The Company aims to achieve positive financial results, implements a system of sound Corporate Governance, assesses and manages business risks in order to safeguard the interests of the stakeholders. It develops procedures and takes measures both to enhance transparency and to prevent and combat corruption.
The Company focuses on achieving best and complete customer satisfaction and invests in Research and Development in order to provide new products and services of high quality and added value, thereby improving its position in an ever-evolving business environment. Additionally, responsible business conduct is required to be practiced by the Company suppliers and collaborators.
3. Human Resources – Occupational Health and Safety
The Company respects and supports internationally recognized human rights and implements fair reward, meritocracy and equal opportunities policies with respect to all its employees, free from any discrimination. It also provides opportunities for ongoing training and development of human resources with respect to its personnel diversity.
A healthy and safe working environment is a matter of primary importance to the Company. The Company continually takes measures and implements investment plans, aiming at continuous improvement of Health and Safety at work.
Concerning the domain of environmental management, the company applies the principle of prevention and takes systematic steps to minimize the impact of its operations on the environment. Aiming at environmental protection, the Company implements various programs for optimal management of resources, promotes metal recycling, reduction of carbon emissions and waste management.
5. Local communities
The Company designs and implements actions to meet the fundamental needs of society in terms of employment, development, education, health, environment, social welfare and culture. It encourages volunteerism and supports initiatives, in order to develop the local communities, in which it operates.
With respect to all the above key issues concerning Sofia Med, we set targets of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development, which are annually assessed for their effectiveness and revised when deemed necessary.
The relevant policy, the results of Sofia Med performance which regard issues of Corporate Social Responsibility, as well as the implementation of programs and achieving the objectives set, are disclosed, on an annual basis, in order to keep all stakeholders informed.
The opinions and view of the stakeholders are taken into account under an annually-held Management Review of all the above issues.
Dr. Ioannis Papadimitriou
PEOPLE AND EVENTS
Family Safety Day
Our Football Team
Kids' Christmas Party
Open Doors Day