Health and Safety
The main goal and priority of Sofia Med Management is continuous improvement of health and safety working conditions. The engagements in this area have been announced in the Health and Safety Policy for which implementation Health and Safety Management System has been established according to BS OHSAS 18001 Standard.
Sofia Med is committed to improve Health and safety by extensive training and awareness programs. We invest in their continuous development and training.
Sofia Med collaborates with state institutions, technical high schools and universities. Scholarships and in house training are available to students and university graduates.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Health and Safety at work assurance is a deeply recognized and rational motivated responsibility for Sofia Med SA Management with a careful approach to the employees and to the society as a whole. It is determining for realizing of all the investment, ecological, technological and organizational day to day activities.
Taking this responsibility the Management of Sofia Med SA declares that:
1. The principle for assuring Health and Safety at all the working places and the continuous improvement of the working conditions are in complete accordance with the applicable legal requirements and the corporative instructions of Viohalco Group and are key elements in all the management processes and are a part of our corporate culture.
2. Our main goal is to reach zero number of accidents, professional diseases, injuries and incidents at work in purpose to keep the safety, health and prosperity of all the personnel including the subcontractors, working on the territory of Sofia Med. This will raise the satisfaction of our clients and improve the quality of our production.
3. Individual responsibilities and tasks for all the employees have been created according to the company policy and their active participation in activities, connected with Health and Safety at work, is being stimulated.
4. Continuous and open dialog with the workers representatives is being held concerning the working conditions management via work of the Working Conditions Committee and Committee for Information and Interests Co-ordination.
5. Provision of all the necessary resources (financial, human and material) for the implementation of Health and Safety policy is of a high priority.
6. Proactive approach of a Health and Safety management system is being applied based on:
- periodical assessment and effective management of the production risks with the participation of the personnel of Sofia Med SA in purpose to minimize them;
- continuous documented training and information exchange with employees and all third parties concerning the possible risks at work and methods for their elimination and limitation in purpose to enrich the knowledge and skills connected with the health and safety at work;
- immediately investigation and reporting of all the incidents (accidents with and without lost days and near misses) in purpose to implement appropriate preventive and corrective measures which will prevent their reoccurrence;
- monitoring of the parameters of the working environment;
- regular inspections done by the Health and Safety at Work Department and Health and Safety at Work auditors team in purpose to undertake appropriate corrective actions, which is our main tool for accidents prevention;
- Encourage the active participation of all the employees, and business partners also, in the initiatives connected with health and safety at work performance improvement.
7. Demonstrates zero tolerance to the violation of the established health and safety rules in the company both by our employees and our partners.
8. Health and Safety at Work Management System has been created, implemented and certified, as a part of the integrated management system concerning Quality, Environment and health and Safety at Work, according to the International Standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, the requirements of national legislation, the corporative instructions of Viohalco Group, scientific and technical achievements and good practices.
9. The System is being reviewed and assessed annually for efficiency and adequacy concerning all the legal and corporative requirements in purpose to be constantly improved and implemented at every work place at any time.
10. Gradually implementation of the health and safety at work management system is an obligation and shared responsibility of all the Managers, specialists and workers, because the sustainable development and prosperity of Sofia Med SA is based on the good health, good work ability and high productivity of the people.
11. The implemented health and safety at work management system, responsible business practices and company programs are guarantee about economical sustainability and social security maintenance and for health and safety at work culture and company reputation improvement also.
For successfully implementation of the Health and safety at Work Policy the Management of Sofia Med SA requires from all the company managers and employees and from all the partners to demonstrate in daily work high professionalism and responsible behaviour concerning Health and Safety at work. Everybody also has to follow strictly the requirements written in the System’s Documents and to participate actively in it functioning and development in order for it to be continuously improved.
/Dr. Ioannis Papadimitriou/